An emulator is a hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system.
Definition for Android Emulators
Android Emulators are a specifically a type of emulators or simulators applications. Designed and developed to run Android like environment, on your computer system. It happens by virtualizing a mobile device that runs on your computer or laptop.
Benefits of Android Emulator
There are several benefits of android emulators for both developers and general users.
- Application & Game developers can now test their implementation’s to test for bugs and other errors and get it correct pre hand before compiling actual apk
- They can emulate the various type of devices virtually without actually needing to own a device.
For General Users
- People can enjoy android applications or games on their computers in Windows or Mac operating system
- As they are emulated, we can’t get true and fast Android experience as if we were on mobile device running Android
- Require good hardware for the emulation
Check the list of android emulators that we know.